Internships...and a Corridor Opportunity
Friday, February 15, 2019
Young talent. High energy. New ideas. There’s one way to find it all: Interns.
If you’re company is looking to hire a high school or college intern this summer, let the Corridor know. We’ll post the opportunity on our web site for all to see. (For an example, click here!) We also receive resumes now and then from students who just might be your perfect fit.
And since we’re talking summertime gigs, the Corridor is hiring.
Our summer Office and Events Assistant is a 20-hour week position from mid to late May through August 9. The winning applicant will update social media feeds, write newsletter articles, call Corridor investors and business contacts, and tackle a variety of projects. The summer culminates with the Okoboji Entrepreneurial Institute, one of the coolest events on the calendar.
The Office and Events Assistant position is ideal for a recent high school graduate or college student with an unrelenting work ethic and great communication skills. To learn more, call Kiley Miller, 712.264.3474, or email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation
Office & Events Assistant (part-time, temporary)
The Office & Events Assistant supports office services and communications, staffs events, assists with the Okoboji Entrepreneurial Institute, and exhibits exemplary customer service.
- Great phone and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and comfort with social media, content management systems, and other forms of electronic communication
- Valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle
- Maintain and update organizational contact lists and databases
- Assist with update and maintenance of organizational website
- Assist with the development of communication materials including print materials, electronic newsletters, event promotional materials, and others
- Assist in planning, organizing, promoting, and attending to details, including reservations, facilities, RSVP’s, catering, etc., for all Corridor events
- Answers telephone and greets clients and visitors
This position is approximately 20 hours per week through August 9, 2019.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to Kiley Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corporation exists to foster, encourage, promote, aid or otherwise assist in the economic growth and development of Buena Vista, Clay, Dickinson and Emmet counties.
Category: Internships, Intern, Blog